Liposuction Florham Park
Love Your Body Contours
A slimmer figure is something that countless individuals dream of. And, traditional methods of weight loss, such as diet and exercise, aren’t always completely effective for everyone. If you have tried to lose weight to no avail, you could benefit from a little help from skilled plastic surgeon, Joseph Fodero. Liposuction is performed at the Florham Park, New Jersey practice, Northeastern Plastic Surgery, to remove unyielding fat pockets in various problem areas. The procedure has been proven effective for our patients, and is a straightforward approach to achieving the physique you most desire. If you are considering liposuction to assist you in refining your figure, it is important to learn all pertinent details first. For more information about liposuction, we invite you to continue reading, and then contact our Florham Park clinic to schedule a consultation.
The first step in the process involves a one-on-one meeting with Dr. Fodero, at which time he will perform an examination and inquire regarding your aesthetic goals and medical history. It is important that you disclose any current health conditions you may have, or medications you are taking. We will also go over liposuction cost information at this time. Once it is established that you are an acceptable candidate, Dr. Fodero will map out an action plan. Then, the procedure is performed as follows:
- The patient is given general anesthesia so he or she sleeps comfortably during the procedure.
- Small, inconspicuous incisions are made at the treatment location.
- A thin tube called a cannula is inserted through the incisions to break up excess fat.
- Using a vacuum-like device, Dr. Fodero suctions the fat out of the body.
- Incisions are closed with sutures.
Dr. Fodero will provide aftercare instructions that should be followed explicitly to ensure a safe, speedy recovery, such as wearing compression garments, resting, and staying hydrated. Patients typically can return to work after approximately two weeks.
Candidates for Liposuction
The best way to learn whether you are a candidate for liposuction is to meet with Dr. Fodero for a consultation. Ideal candidates generally include men or women who:
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Have realistic expectations
- Are well-informed about the procedure, including risks
- Have tried diet and exercise
- Cannot rid fat from certain body parts due to genetics
- Have firm, elastic skin
- Want to enhance appearance and boost confidence
Ideal candidates are not obese, rather, they want to remove targeted, excess fat deposits from their:
Benefits of Liposuction
Experience the many benefits of liposuction, including:
- Helps you achieve the svelte figure you want
- Procedure is safe and proven effective
- Enhances confidence and boost self-esteem
- You’ll feel more comfortable physically when excess fat is removed
- Instant results for problem areas that cannot be corrected with diet and exercise
- Treats a number of areas on the body
- You’ll look healthier and more attractive to others
- Smoothes out the appearance of cellulite
- Incisions are placed in inconspicuous spots, so there is little to no visible scarring
- Long-lasting results
Risks or Side Effects of Liposuction
As with any surgery, there is some risk involved with liposuction, such as infection, blood clot, or a poor reaction to anesthesia. However, with an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Fodero, potential complications are greatly reduced.
Patients generally experience some swelling, pain, or bruising immediately following the procedure. However, symptoms should subside after several days. Additionally, Dr. Fodero will prescribe pain medication to alleviate any discomfort during recovery.
Your best interest is always at the forefront of everything we do, and Dr. Fodero will not perform any procedure unless it is right for you. We make every patient aware of any risks or side effects and answer all questions prior to commencing surgery.
Learn More about Liposuction
Do you work out, eat right, and still feel discontent with your body shape? Many factors contribute to pesky, excess fat in certain areas, no matter how healthy you may be. To learn more about liposuction, contact our Florham Park practice today.
Our Office LocationsNortheastern Plastic Surgery
Joseph Peter Fodero, MD PA
220 Ridgedale Avenue
Florham Park, NJ 07932